Authors wishing to publish often find it difficult to decide which journal should they send their manuscript to, which journal is most suited for their scientific expectations.
You should consider the followings when choosing the most fitting journal:
- Do you know the journal, have you read some of its articles before? (Can you easily find articles published there in the past, is the publisher identifiable and contactable?)
- Is the review process clear and transparent?
- Is it indexed by scientific databases?
- Is it on the lists compiled by the departments of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences? (You can also check this using the search option on the MTMT website.)
- Can you find any information regarding the publication fee (article processing charge)?
- Are there any renowned researchers on the editorial board?
- If the journal is open access, is it in the DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journal) database?